Applications are accepted from January 1st until May 31st. A non-refundable application fee of 30 Euros is due upon submission of the application.
In order to submit your application successfully, you will need to have the following documents at hand. For your own convenience, collect them in advance and then proceed to fill in your online application form:
- a pdf copy of your CV
- a pdf copy of your undegraduate degree
- (If applicable) an authorized English translation of your degree in pdf format
- a pdf copy of your undergraduate transcript of records
- an authorized English translation of your transcript in pdf format
- a pdf copy of your personal statement of max. 1000 words
- a pdf with proof of proficiency in English (ITOEFL or IELTS)
- a pdf of the bank transfer receipt (for the full amount of 30 Euro; any banking charges or money order fees are payable by the applicant). The beneficiary for the payment must be:
S.A.R.G. N.K.University of Athens (KE: 13829)
Address: 6 Christou Lada str., 105 61 Athens, Greece
Bank Details: ALPHA BANK, IBAN: GR03 0140 8020 8020 0200 1000 227, SWIFT: CRBAGRAA.
Reason for the bank transfer: "MA in Archaeology, UoA (KE: 13829)"
Requirements for Student Visa
No visa is required for studies to enter Greece if you possess a valid passport from an EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland. Nevertheless, applicants from countries outside the Schengen zone need a student visa. For more information, see here. The length of time needed to acquire a student visa differs from country to country. For this reason, the applicants from countries outside the Schengen zone are encouraged to communicate, as soon as possible, with the Greek Embassy in their country for information on the procedure and also on the time needed for the conclusion of the process. For a list of the necessary documents, see here. All complete applications from countries outside the Schengen zone will be processed with priority by our selection committee. Therefore we strongly encourage you to submit, as soon as possible, a complete application, in case you are interested in the ΜΑ in Greek and Eastern Mediterranean Archaeology.