Assistant Professor in the Archaeology of the Eastern Mediterranean
Konstantinos Kopanias holds a BA from the Faculty of History and Archaeology of the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens (1996). He received my M.A. from the Paris-Lodron University of Salzburg (1997) and continued with his Ph.D. studies at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen (as a member of the Graduiertenkolleg “Anatolien und seine Nachbarn” and with a scholarship from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) and the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens (2003). After the completion of the obligatory military service (2002-03), he worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens (2004-07), as adjunct faculty at the University of Crete (2006-08) and as a researcher (Allgemeiner Referent, Archivbeauftragter) at the German Archaeological Institute in Athens (2007-09). He worked as a Lecturer (2009-15) and continues teaching as an Assistant Professor (2015 ff) at the Faculty of History and Archaeology of the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens for the subject of "Ancient Civilizations of the Eastern Mediterranean".
Most of his publications may be found on academia.edu: https://uoa.academia.edu/KonstantinosKopanias
Project website: http://arbela.uoa.gr/
- Near Eastern history and archaeology
- Acculturation in the Eastern Mediterranean during the Late Bronze Age
- Prehistoric Mesopotamia
- Introduction in the History and Archaeology of the Near East, Athens 2015: HEAL-Link (in Greek).
- Prehistoric Mesopotamia, Athens 2013: Kardamitsa (in Greek).
- Die Datierung der anatolisch/späthethitischen Plastik und ihre Beziehung zu der archaischen griechischen Kunst, Berlin 2013: Logos.
- Archaeological Research in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and the adjacent areas. Conference Proceedings, Athens, November 1st-3rd 2013, Oxford 2016: Archaeopress (edited volume, with J. MacGinnis).
- NOSTOI. Indigenous Culture, Migration and Integration in the Aegean Islands and Western Anatolia during the Late Bronze and Early Iron Age. Proceedings of the International Conference held in Istanbul 31/3-3/4/2011, Istanbul 2015: Koç University Press (edited volume with Ν. Stampolidis and C. Maner).